An ongoing series of my poems intended to show support for the Beacon community. Each poem is inspired by a Beacon Main Street business or service.


Your participation is invited! - - If you wish to collaborate, please send original artwork, photos, music, and other content by both adults and children to larrysansone@gmail.com. I will post these submissions here, along with the poems.


Corner Store


Within this world of evil and of good,
Where friends and foes conspire and collide,
And often times, might be misunderstood,
There is one man on which I may rely,

The oracle who serves my corner store,
Who's telepathic prowess mystifies,
He asks not what I'd like, but knows before.
Clairvoyantly, his fingers ring the price!

I may not recollect my own desires,
For disappointments fade them from my view,
Yet, from without a thousand random buyers,
My custom wants and passions are produced!

I wonder, could this mentalist predict,
What he transmits to those, lost and alone?
His premonition is a precious gift- 
The simple happiness of being known.